GeoShack is actively seeking a competitive, self–motivated, Inventory Manager to be based in Toronto, Ontario and responsible for all GeoShack’s inventory in Canada.
GeoShack is a leading distributor of laser, optical, and GPS based leveling, alignment, measurement, guidance and grade control solutions to the Construction, Survey, Machine Control, Mining and Agricultural markets in North America.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement inventory management policies deemed necessary by the GeoShack North America Inventory/Purchasing Manager and the management team.
- Administer and participate in and report on monthly physical inventory counts throughout Canada.
- Work with GeoShack Canada Administration to manage and minimize freight and duties.
- Facilitate the liquidation of slow moving inventory.
- Continually research missing inventory and improve processes to decrease losses.
- Assist the GeoShack North America Inventory/Purchasing Manager in the management of historical data and sales opportunities used to make purchasing decisions.
- Update and maintain serial status records.
- Assist all inside counter sales/admin personnel to set up and maintain new and used product displays in all retail showrooms.
- Set up preferred stock levels and reorder points for the faster turning items in each retail location.
- Identify and implement new product opportunities, especially for our retail showrooms.
- Initiate stocking purchase orders and work with the vendors to facilitate timely deliveries.
- Work with counter sales and admin teams to maximize inventory utilization.
- 2-5 years proven experience in managing inventory.
- Experience in 2D and 3D machine control equipment, surveying instruments or GPS products is a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate in both French and English is a plus.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Prescription/Dental Insurance
- RRSP with company match
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-term Disability Insurance
To learn more about GeoShack, visit our website at www.geoshack.com.