Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS) announces the third generation IS (Imaging Station) with the X-TRAC 8 technology and additional enhanced functions. The Topcon IS combines the best of two worlds, advanced imaging and high-accuracy surveying and incorporates real-time fi eld imagery with spatial data.
The IS-3 series imaging station has enhanced features, including an industry-leading prism lock and tracking function. Topcon’s new X-TRAC 8 technology guarantees fast and accurate tracking, providing true single-person survey capabilities with imaging capabilities.
The IS series provides super-long range refl ectorless EDM, up to 6,500 feet (2,000m), the longest in the industry. In addition, the unit’s non-prism accuracy has been enhanced from 5mm to 3mm at 1.5m – 250m.
Other enhancements included the reduction of the time for non-prism 1000m class measurement, and increased ability to measurement rough and dark surfaces.
Other features include:
• Enhanced wireless video image transmission;
• New radio module provides increased connection stability and re-connectivity;
• Live video image capabilities;
• Two digital cameras – wide angle and 30x tele-zoom;
• A patented Touch-Drive – Fastest prism search/lock using a super wide angle camera images;
• Built to accommodate accessories for Topcon robotics;
• Intelligent Scan Feature Recognition; and
• Remote Image Display by TopSURV and ImageMaster.
• Volume and area calculations are now included as standard functions via ImageMaster for IS.